Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Week:10 but in the future! Isekai



That Time I got Reincarnated As A Slime


So far this is my favorite manga I read during the class. I pays a lot of homage to some of the classic RPG games I used to play when I was a kid like Dragon Quest. Especially the fact that he turned into a slime is hilarious. The Slime is known as a the weakest mob in most Japanese RPG's and I find it comedic genius that the protagonist managed to charm the most powerful dragon in the realm and absorbed its power as the first enemy he "fought". The transporting to another realm was a very intresting sequence at the beginning of the story because it first focuses on the protagonists friend, and watches as he leaves our world from the random stabbing, and is transported into a game like reality. My assumption is he uploaded his consciousness into his PC or something. The thing I disliked about the read was it felt very cheesy. There are a lot of shows like this, and unlike Satellite Girl and Milk cow, the plot of a young man becoming an underdog in a fantasy realm is overdone and generic. I think overall, this was a very entertaining read although I personally think theres better stuff out there, but it certainly appeals to my aesthetic stylistically and the funny and self aware themes of the manga which I find my self reading for long periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14: The influence of anime and manga in the west

The Text I read was Annarasumanana by Ilkwon Ha. I'm honestly really surprised how unique and different the manga is in terms...