Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Week 12: contemporary manga



A silent voice



This Manga is a really beautiful, well written slice of life manga. Im not entirely sure what the genre of contemporary manga is exactly, but based off of reading this I would assume its very conservative, and feel good. I think it explores interesting topics and scenarios however it dosn't get into too much of the genres like horror or drama, and just plays up the elements of the simplicity of life. I think the biggest message I got from reading this manga was the struggle of acceptance. Communication is one of the biggest faults in our society and it this book really shows the difficulties of how a def person could establish emotional connections to her classmates. I feel like it especially resonates with people who have been bullied in school in thepast. It really looks at both sides and shows ultimately at the end of the day that we are all human and need to take the time to understand that we are all equal and should be accepted for who we are regardless of our flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14: The influence of anime and manga in the west

The Text I read was Annarasumanana by Ilkwon Ha. I'm honestly really surprised how unique and different the manga is in terms...