Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Week 13: Oishinbo



This manga makes me want to fly to japan more and more. Something that I thought was really cool and unique which sets its self apart from other manga is in between chapters it gives you recopies to make your own food at home. I think its really awesome because it allows people to who arn't Japanese to really understand the culture further, in my opinion, I think the food of a country tells a story in its own way and I like how this book gives back an extra step by allowing the reader to apply real world knowledge. It encourages me to read further so I can learn more recipes. Fianlly, another thing that I thought was pretty cool was the art style, so far this is also one of the more unique styles, I feel like its a mix of the old school Akira Toryama style, and a mix of a cartoony One Piece vibe as well.

1 comment:

  1. I agree this makes me want to go to Japan and try actual Japanese food. I like the step by step process on how Japanese food is made and how to make it correctly so it looks and taste good.

    ReplyDelete

Week 14: The influence of anime and manga in the west

The Text I read was Annarasumanana by Ilkwon Ha. I'm honestly really surprised how unique and different the manga is in terms...